Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Journeyman....For such a time as this....

To continue with the theme of living for the kingdom....

I really like this show on tv right now called "Journeyman." It's a show about this reporter named "Dan Vasser" and at first it appears he's just the typical family guy with a wife and a kid.

Surprise, Surprise, that isn't the case. This guy for some reason or another, he goes back in time; usually perhaps 10 years prior or even 20 year prior to his present time.

He has to go back in time because he has to do some mission and it always has to do with saving a person from danger and/or death. I love this show because it speaks to me how he has to go into a certain period of time and fullfill his calling and help someone.

While I was watching it today, it reminded me of a story in the bible. It reminded me of the story of Esther in the bible and how she was chosen to by King Xerxes to be his wife and queen. There was a plot of kill the Jews in the kingdom, but As a result of Esther's intervention and influence they survived!

From a human perspective why did she get to be queen? Perhaps she was beautiful. But from spiritual perspective, perhaps God put her in that position for a reason.

Esther 4: 13 - 14: he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

Isn't that great!!??

It helps me want to pray that I can serve a purpose and be a blessing to others. As I reflect on my life, I sometimes wonder how I could? I work on the corporate world dealing with people with nice suits and money. How could I possibly make a difference? I am not a social worker, a teacher or a doctor.

I believe for now I'm supposed to work in the marketplace, well at least for the time being...I am afterall looking for a new job.

It's something to think and reflect on I guess. It's something that I need to pray about and ask God to show me how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home