Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wisdom part 2...

Before I go and talk about wisdom. I thought about the show Heroes. Yesterdays episode did speak to me. It was kind of spiritual actually, well at least I thought it was. One of the heroes has the ability to copy people's talents. She is able to do this once she watches the other person doing. Obviously she is totally confused and doesn't know what to think about it. And then she asked herself the question..."what is the meaning of all of this?" and she further goes on and says that she has always prayed meaning in her life. I thought that was cool stuff. hehe..something I just appreciate I guess.

Now back to wisdom part 2..

You know how Paul in the bible had a thorn in his flesh? Perhaps that was a weakness or sickness or even pain...but the point is that God allowed it in his life to keep him humble and in reliance on God.

In my case, I am no difference. I don't know today was a humbling experience. The whole day I was carrying and thinking about something and God has a way to use it to utterly humble and crush me until I have no ego and no strength left in me. When I got home, in my room I just started to pray for a really long time. God had a way of making me utterly vulnerable and completely weak and helpless.

But God has a way of using these things to soften my heart and make me more receptive to Him. I know that a lot of times we try and run away every time we face difficulties, pain, conflict or confusion, but I find it not very helpful. I find it best to run to God quickly..and very quickly..

Then I found him speaking to me and clarifying some thoughts I was thinking about, further helping me to know what I should do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home