Sunday, October 21, 2007

A pleasant calm....

I think from my last post I showed a lot of frustration and strife. But God rewards those who seek him...and I found him speaking to me again..

I don't want to give up, and God doesn't want me to give up, I have to keep going, I have to keep moving. That was one encouragement that God gave me these past couple of weeks. You are so pleased when your children exercise faith and perserverance, seeking you for wisdom, so reliable, so true...so faithful...rather than complain, and lose sight of any purpose, and lose our spiritual perception.

I was afraid that i was losing my way. I felt so lost...didn't know where I was going, didn't know where I was headed. But in the silence, God affirmed in my heart that He is leading me. Even though I don't know everything, I can have confidence that He is leading me forward.

One of the things that I've been praying is that He would lead me deeper, farther, higher, closer, than I've ever gone before. I don't know really know what that prayer really means, but I'm willing to let Him show me. The song "cry of my heart" has been my prayer for the past couple of weeks.

Cry of my heart

There's a cry in my heart
For your glory to fall
For your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper

Could you take me beyond
Could you carry me through
If I opened my heart
Could I go there with you
For I've been here before

O Lord, I need to know you
For what do I have
If I don't have you Jesus
What in this life
Could mean anymore
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter of my head


Today I heard a good sermon on temptation and desire. Just like everyone else, I also am prone to temptation. The text was on James 1: 13 - 17. But I saw more than just about how to deal with temptation, I saw it more like a measure of growth. The key is always to have God's desires and to let that drive you, and consume you and to live out those desires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home