Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Intercession....Mission trip??....

Some time ago.....

I felt the need to pray for others. I realized how important it is to pray for different people, and situations that my friends, family, church and world are facing.
So I have set one day per week to pray for different things that I felt that I should pray for. The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective: verse found in the book of James. There is after all an unseen battle that we just can't see. It is important to be consistent and passionate about prayer even though we can't see the results or the effectiveness of it.

In other news....

I've been trying to look into possible mission trips this spring/summer. I just have a desire to serve and to see and meet different people. One of the things that I do cherish the most is when I meet and fellowship with different believers from a different ethnic background. That is always a great joy for me! I've been looking at going with habitat for humanity and serving in a South American country to build a house for a family. I've been learning about holistic ministry, and how mind, body, soul are all very connected. What a good way to serve God by providing for the basic needs for others, and then providing for their spiritual needs. So I'm looking into it, and possible dates and I hope to confirm it soon, by the grace and will of God.

-Joshy-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home