Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Restore my soul...

I was trying to write a song yesterday. It was really hard! yo! But I managed to get a little working tune, and lyrics that will need to be amended and/or modified. I will post my songs on this blog soon.

God reminded me today to perservere through the writing process, getting better at it will take time and work, and abiding in Him.

I was reading somewhere today about abiding in Him, and then the natural result would be that I will bear much fruit for Him. Excellent! ...God reminded me that I shouldn't be jealous of the successes of my brothers/sisters in terms of their influence and attention. Sometimes I can get into that place, when I see other Christians serving Him, and doing this and that, writing great music, being invited to play in various churches, etc. I'm reminded that I too can be an influence and make impact for Him, if I abide in Him. I suppose that I will not know how many lives I have come to touch/change until I meet my Lord in heaven.

Beauty Of Your Peace - Tim Hughes, John Greenleaf

Your voice has stilled the raging storms;
The wind and waves bow down before
Your still small voice brings hope to all
who wait on You we'll wait on You

(You'll) To lead us to the place where You'll restore our souls
and all our earthly stirrings come to cease

Take from our souls the strain and stress
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of your peace
the beauty of your peace

La La La La La La La La

Bright skies will soon be overhead
We'll enter in to heaven's rest
There'll be no death, There'll be no pain
the things of old will pass away


-Help me not to complain, but to be thankful, to rest in You, to be still, to have a quiet trust in You, to make my requests to You God, and during bad or good times to keep my hope and confidence in You. Therefore....God restore my soul today...love Your son Joshy-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home