Sunday, November 05, 2006

Weekend....

On Saturday I watched the "Grudge 2". The first and second Grudge movies were both the scariest movies that I have ever...ever...ever seen in my life!!! I'm not really sure why we went to see it. I think I just love to scare myself to death! haha! That ghost is friggen scary and ugly! I can visualize it all in my head and I'm scared!!! I think I'm going to have nightmares for at least a week!

On a more spiritual uplifting note :).......hehe...

The Sunday service at church was very challenging to me. The speaker is Chairman of a mission organization, but was previous the head of media companies and probably made lots of money and was very successful. He just came to share about his experiences and to challenge us to be Christians in the workplace.

Here are just some principles I need to think about and take to heart....

1. Where is my heart - in heavenly things or worldly things?
2. Does God have my whole heart?
3. What are my motives?
4. Do hold loosely the things of this world?
5. Am I a generous person?
6. Am I Jesus in the workplace?
7. Do I see the world from His eyes?
8. Am I aware that He watches and knows whether I am obedient to Him?

So as I begin this week, working in Bay Street, may your Spirit and truth fill me....may I truly be Jesus in the workplace, may I see and feel the world from Your eyes.


.....Random reflections part 2......

So I'm just writing again. I just want to pour out my heart. I think God's reminding me again about something. Being single isn't always, especially when all your friends are dating. The Lord just keep reminding me to be patient, and let Him work through me. He has some things to teach me that I can only learn while in singleness.

These two songs are really a reflection of how I'm feeling right now.....

Carry Me - Words and Music by Marty Sampson

You lead me here to Your courts
Surround me with Your love
I walk with You
I do not fear

You carry me
You are my strength
I've learned to trust in You
And once again
I'm reaching out

In this place
Dreams are made
In this place
Where You are

Carry me here
In Your arms of love
Draw me close to You
I want to be where You are



Forever - Words and Music by Marty Sampson

I'll worship at Your throne
Whisper my own love song
With all my heart I sing
For You my Dad and King
I'll live for all my days
To put a smile on Your face
And when we finally meet
It'll be for eternity

And oh how wide You open up Your arms
When I need Your love
And how far You would come
If ever I was lost
And You said that all You feel for me
Is undying love
That You showed me through the cross

I'll worship You my God
I'll worship You my God
I love You, I love You
Forever I will sing
Forever I will be with You, be with You



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home