Monday, September 18, 2006

The power of encouragement...

Hebrews 10:24

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.


Today at Sunday service, Pastor Jeremy gave an inspiring and powerful message about encouragement. I was convicted and reminded how powerful encouragement is in the family of God. This happens when we allow God to use us to speak His words, show His love in action, or even just being there for someone. We were challenged to think of a few people that we could encourage, and I thought of 6 people. I just pray that God will give me wisdom to know how to encourage these people. One of them is my ex-girlfriend. I've just been feeling recently that I need to encourage her. But I'm not sure how. In truth, I care about her a lot, but I have been sooo terrible at expressing it. I pray for her....well God lead me to know how to reach out to her as a friend and brother.

We also had our deepwaters meeting, where we shared about our new direction and vision for the future. We shared about how the Deepwaters ministry has really encouraged everyone there. I think that's what it's all about: being in a place where God can use you! I shared about my experience with Deepwaters. I remember when I was maybe 20, and when I was not part of the ministry, I attended one of their conferences. At the end of the conference, I was on fire and passionate for God. It was such an amazing turning point for me! From then on, I became hungry and passionate for the Lord. Looking back, I can really say that encouragement is powerful.

My prayer is that I can be an encouragement to everyone around me...

-All Glory To God-





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home