Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Walking with Christ....

I've learned a lot over the past weeks and months. I am just basically learning to walk with Christ. I think that's what the Christian life is all about: walking, walking and walking.

I just finished my devotions from Mark 3: 31-34 -

Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."

"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.
Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."


This little passage speaks to me a lot. It tells me that the Christian life is all about walking with Him. That each step, decision, thought and action should please Him. We just need to be faithful in whatever tasks, visions or convictions He gives us. It's thinking how best to use our resources and our time to glorify Him. It's knowing Him, knowing His heart, and living to fulfill what matters to God.

I'm also learning to wait on God for many things. There are a few things that I've prayed for and have not received yet. But I truly do believe that they will be given to me, in His time. I'm learning that before I can receive these things, there are things that I have to learn. I'm learning to seek God and not the things that God gives.

On Sunday, I wrote on a piece of paper some of things that that I get anxious about and then I gave it back to God.

.....Sometimes I'm confused about what I'm feeling. Sometimes I'm confused about the future. Sometimes I'm worried. Sometimes I cry out to God. Sometimes I'm too emotional. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I have pain. Sometimes I have questions. Sometimes I'm afraid. Sometimes I wonder if you really care and hear me. Sometimes I get so angry at God....I've made my requests to Him, and now I have to wait.

1 Peter 5: 6

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


Every time I hear this song, I get emotional. I think it's a good sign that God is working in my heart. He's shaping me to care about the things He cares about. This song is really my favorite song, it warms my heart, and moves me to continue on...

From The Inside Out

Joel Houston


A thousand times I’ve failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
I’m caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out
From the inside out
Lord, my soul cries out, Lord

1 Comments:

At 12:07 a.m., Blogger peace said...

joshua - great thoughts. I was recently reading Ps 23 again, and even after so many years of reading this familiar passage it spoke to me again.

The Lord is my shepherd...

He makes me lie down...
He make leads me beside...
He restores my soul
He is with me
His rod and staff
He prepares a table
He annoints my head

All the emphasis is on what He is doing, not on me. Daily I am focused on me and what I am doing - and feeling - similar to your list posted here - but if we are still thinking about how we are doing we have not yet realized the truth of Ps 23.

Just a thought to add to yours. Enjoyed your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home