Sunday, August 20, 2006

Convicted about justice....

God has recently convicted me about what His idea of justice means. I really want to be more like Him, and one of the ways is to know God's heart.

In Luke 11: 42, Jesus says to the Pharisees: "Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone."

Deut 24: 17 says: Do not deprive the alien or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge.

From these verses I really see that God cares about the people in our society who are treated like second class citizens, or who are not treated fairly like everyone else. I feel convicted that I should reach out to these people and lift them up, help and encourage them as much as possible. Recently I've been thinking about the orphans in Africa who's parents have died because of AIDS. I think if God allows it, I would like to go visit them and help them and understand what they are going through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home