Monday, July 10, 2006

From the Inside Out

I've been learning alot about how important it is not to do religion but to have a genuine relationship with Christ and to allow him to change us, and this change is supposed to be shown through our actions, words, motives and thoughts as a reflection of our changed hearts. These days I'm just asking God to change my heart and to see, think and feel everything from his point of view. I've been reading the popular sermon that Jesus preached called the "Sermon on the Mount," from Matthew 5-7. Reading these verses reminds me that God is so concerned about the attitude of our hearts, towards him and others.

Yesterday I was reading chapter 5, verse 21-26 on the topice of murder, and it says,

You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Wow! God is so concerned about our relationships with other people, especially Christians. This passage is really telling us to always seek to reconcile with our fellow brother, and to really forgive him. This reconciliation even takes priority over worshipping him.

A song came to my heart: From The Inside Out
Joel Houston
A thousand times I’ve failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
I’m caught in Your grace
Everlasting Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else My purpose remains
The art of losing myself In bringing You praise
Everlasting Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
let justice and praise
Become my embrace To love You from the inside out
Everlasting Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart Is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord my soul cries out

1 Comments:

At 3:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home