Sunday, May 07, 2006

A cool weekend....

I've learned a few things these past couple of days...I've been learning to really understand what it means to "Delight in God." I was really encouraged to just immerse myself in God, and I was trying to understand what it really meant to do that. I've made a list of what I've discovered.

1. Delight in His word
2. Delight in Obedience
3. Delight in Prayer and Worship
4. Delight in pleasing God
5. Delight in loving my neighbour as myself
6. Delight in loving God
7. Delight in using my gifts, resources and talents to honour Him

This weekend was also really good. I spent a lot of time with friends that I really care about. It just reminds me that we need each other and that we can't live this life by ourselves. We need mutual love, support and encouragement. It's God's way of letting us know that He's with us.

I also went to a black church today for a friend's baptism. It was really loud! But it wasn't a bad loud, it was a good loud! People were really praising God with all of their body. I could see some people dancing to the music, and just confessing that the Lord is king in their midst. They were undignified and so expressive. It was really a change from my usual Sunday's, where I attend a more conservative church.

I was reminded the importance of praising God in all circumstances, and giving thanks always, even when we don't feel like it, or when we feel God isn't with us. I also want to be like them, "undignified" in my worship to God. Thank You God for the weekend, it was wonderful.

I was also reading Psalm 90, and I learned that our lives our very short, and that we may die anytime, and if the Lord allows it, we will live until 80 years old. Psalm 90:10-12 says:

The length of our days is seventy years— or eighty, if we have the strength;
yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away....Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

What truth! So my prayer is that He will teach me to number my days, and give me wisdom to know how to live this life in light of that truth.

-Amen-

5 Comments:

At 3:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 6:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 8:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 3:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 2:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home