Saturday, March 11, 2006

To know You more....

It's almost Easter, and I've been feeling lately, how much I don't appreciate his death and resurrection. The only time I really really really think about it, is on the Sunday we celebrate it. So, this month, prior to Easter, I'm going to try and reflect upon Jesus Christ and on his death and resurrection. I can read it in the gospels, but sometimes, it's only like words to me, and not registering in my heart. So, I've been praying for a revelation from above, to open my eyes, and my heart to truly appreciate Easter. I also want to make sure that I'm living out the purpose of why He died for me in the first place: to be free from sin, to know him, and to live the abundant life.

I also want to focus on making sure that Christ is truly the treasure, my first love in this life. That I would never be complacent, or indifferent, but always be passionate about the things of God.

May I also have God's heart, viewpoint and feelings towards those he created. I want to feel, like he feels, to love like he loves, and to see as he sees, then will I truly understand the heart of God, and truly be able to love like he loves.

God has also been challenging me about my heart condition. When I read the parable of the sower, and examined my heart, I realized that my heart is like the soil with thorns. All my fears, the desire for other things, my lack in trust in God, has really choked things. I really pray that God will take these things away, and that I can truly die to self and take up the cross and follow him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home