Sunday, May 14, 2006

Numbering my days....

I just appreciate how God is teaching me a lot about my purpose in life. He's teaching me to make the most out of my short life for His glory. So here I go....

1. Using gifts, talents, resources to honour God
2. Much has been given, therefore, much is required - Matt 13:11 - I was watching a CBC documentary recently about the slums of Bombay, India. There are only a few sections of slums, in this big city, however, there are a million people in each slum. These statistics do boggle the mind don't they? I started to realize my situation. I realized how blessed I am with resources and opportunities. I wonder why God allowed me to be born in one of the richest places in the world.

3. Family first - 1 Tim 5:4 - Loving and taking care of my family is so important. That is something that I will carry on to my own children. I love my neice and nephew so very much, seeing and spending time with them give me so much joy and happiness. They can be a handful sometimes, especially Anna, but she's very much treasured.

4. Learning to laugh - Proverbs 17:22 - I did that today. I met a few people at a softball BBQ and we shared many laughs. This summer, I just want to laugh and have a good time with friends. It's the best medicine.

5. Taming the tongue - James 3:1 - It's incredible what this passage is saying: that it is possible to control our own bodies if we can control our tongues. That is something I have to learn. I realize how much damage and foolishness comes out of my mouth whether I am aware of it or not.

6. Being the fragrance of Christ 2 Cor 2:12-17
7. Being a channel of reconciliation 2 Cor 5: 11-21
8. The harvest is white, but the workers are few - Matt 9:35

- Recently my church had a special missions month. But I've realized that I'm a missionary everyday. I spend most of my time at work and yet forget my ultimate purpose of being there. To be the fragrance of Christ and to be a channel of His reconciliation.

It's been good, and I'm looking forward to the days ahead! Because of Christ, I have purpose.

-Amen-

3 Comments:

At 8:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 3:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 11:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/2737.html and http://googleindex.info/440.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home