Tuesday, July 18, 2006

You're changing me...

Thank You God for not giving up on me! I am soo far behind! I still need to grow more to be more like you. God, forgive me when I think that I have everything all together and when I look down on people. How I react to situations in life and even examining my attitudes show that I still need to grow and change. I hold on to the promise in Hebrews 12: 2 - "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...", because you are changing me!

One thing I constantly need to work on is my heart. I often do not have the heart of Jesus in me. Sometimes I don't feel any love towards people, sometimes I'm indifferent. I was reading Luke 7: 11-17:

Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."
Then he went up and touched the coffin, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea[
a] and the surrounding country.

After reading this passage, I am reminded and convicted that I don't have this compassion that Jesus had which is this compassion that moved Him to help others. God continue to change my heart to have this compassion that moves to help others, for my friends, co-workers and people every where who don't know you!

3 Comments:

At 3:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At 9:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua. I think that you might find my site (jofj.org) interesting. I tell the story of the Journey of Jesus from a chronological and geographical perspective. DAB

 
At 9:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua. I think that you might find my site (jofj.org) interesting. I tell the story of the Journey of Jesus from a chronological and geographical perspective. DAB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home