Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A Faithful bride... :)

Faithful bride...sounds kinda funny and weird. But the Church is called God's bride. I was reading Jeremiah 2 at lunch today. And God spoke through the prophet speaking His displeasure of his people and coming judgement of them.

Chapter 2.

"I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me
and followed me through the desert, through a land not sown.
Israel was holy to the Lord, the firstfruits of his harvest;
all who devoured her were held guilty, and disaster overtook them"

Well it appears that they are the opposite of Chapter 2 as we discover and read further.
hmmm...spiritual adultery is a very serious thing.
As I keep reading it tells about how they don't come to God anymore, but only when they are in trouble, they don't have a relationship with Him anymore, they worship idols, they depend on themselves. They seem very worldly. The world was influencing them instead of the other way around.

As I reflected upon this passage I think of my own life. Do I commit adultery?
I pray I don't. I am in the world, but not of the world. I am different/holy, I have a relationship with him. I suppose the first step is always the bible. Can really read it, and find out what God dislikes. If i don't do them, that's a first step. I can also discover what pleases him, and releases blessing in my life. Is the world influencing me or am I influencing the world? ...
But I also have a relationship with Him and the Holy Spirit who gives me power and strength to do what I cannot do.
But.... I know my life hasn't always been about you. Your forgiveness is never ending..

Lord have your way. May your words be in my heart, and mind. May the way I live reflect who you are, and cause others to look to you. May I speak and live boldly for You as I ought to.
Fill me Spirit of God. Have your way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home