Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Grace in the wilderness..

Right now in my life, I am in a period of wilderness. I'm looking for God much more than I ever have then in the good times. I found these lyrics to a song which describes what my desire is:

“Wanderers in this wilderness, yet we find our hope in You.
Strangers in a foreign land, yet we find our home in You…”
“We find grace in the wilderness, Strength enough to sing of Your unfailing love.You are close, closer than we know, And there will come a day when all will be revealed.”

Here are biblical examples for us:
Joseph looked back over a season full of trials and testified, “… God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering”. (Genesis 41:52). The worshipping heart of David recognised that, “weeping may remain for a night, but rejocing will come in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5)

The people… found grace in the wilderness”. Jeremiah 31:2

John Newton’s hymn, “Amazing Grace” is yet another testimony to God’s grace for the wilderness. Perhaps the best know of all the hymns, this song of salvations is real about the turbulent journey of life, yet full of a deep and assured knowledge of the grace of God for this journey: “Through many dangers, trials and snaresI have already come,‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,And grace will lead me home.”

Amen :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home