Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Heart prescription...

I'm battling internal heart pain right now. Well..not literally. But more emotionally. Still dealing with the same situation as before. Trying to cope and be joyful. Trying to keep hope, and stay positive. I read this somewhere that speaks to me about sadness, and depression. It speaks about Jeremiah, he also battled sadness and depression.

Jeremiah is an Old Testament example who dealt with depressing thoughts and situations. For 37 years, the unrepentant Israelites had turned away from God to worship idols, and Jeremiah was called to confront them. His heart was broken for Israel's sins and the judgment of God that was coming upon them: "...I am mourning...Oh, that my head were waters, and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night..." (Jeremiah 8:21, 9:1 NKJ).
Suffering abuse and persecution from the Israelites, Jeremiah was rejected and alone. He cried out to God, "Cursed be the day in which I was born! Let the day not be blessed in which my mother bore me!'" (Jeremiah 20:14 NKJ). Jeremiah was bombarded with suicidal thoughts, cursing the very day he was born.
Yet, Jeremiah used the supernatural weapon of the Word to resist depression: "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart..." (Jeremiah 15:16 NKJ). He was set free from the depression and he was filled with joy.

I take the above words to heart :)... Lord bring joy to my bones, and joy to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home