Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Fill me up and send me out...

Lord have your way, Lord have your way with me.
Fill me up with your Spirit and power and have your way with me. Your words on my lips, and actions, and my attitudes reflect who you are God. May I be single minded about following you Jesus. My heart is set on you. My everything.
Use me at work to recognize and seize and create opportunities that you have given me to meet the needs of others.

With that girl...I'm still struggling over it....
Well....that's why my eyes are on you Lord :) !!

Grant me great grace to love and honour my parents, even though sometimes they can get on my nerves.

Thank you God for many service opportunities: worship, youth and mexico. And maybe potentially to the amazon :)

I was thinking about 1 Corinthians 13, where it spoke about love. Couple of weeks ago a sermon was preached at church about the sheep and the goats. It was good. We were taught to love and meet the needs of others - physical and spiritual, and to do acts of kindness. But I would like to bring an addition to those thoughts. Where 1 cor, says that we could give ourselves to whatever acts of kindness but really not have love..than it would be nothing. So I think loving others also involves emotions, and it really also means that we really do love and care about the people who we are serving. Just doing something for somebody isn't enough.

You have also taught me the importance of prayer. That we should pray for others, and for the world. Have to pray for the youth that I'm serving, my family, friends, and people at work, and church family. Have to pray for world events. The death and election of a pope is of vital importance. We must pray for those cardinals. You are coming back soon Jesus, we must not be blind to world events, that will signal your coming return.

Okay..back to work..
Here I am to worship :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home