Thursday, February 22, 2007

Can I fall facedown?

Ezekiel 1-2

I know God in many ways, more so like a father to his son, or like an intimate friend....

I just recently decided to read the Old Testament again. I know that it can be hard and boring at times, but I think there is still so much to learn from those who went ahead of us.

So I just started reading the book of Ezekiel. In chapter one, Ezekiel was given a grand revelation of the glory of God. When I read it, I was like cool! Of course I don't think this is the complete picture, I don't think we'll ever have one, but it's awesome for Ezekiel to be wowed! by His glory.

What did Ezekiel do...."I fell on my face..." and what did the Lord do..."and I heard a voice of One speaking."

The Lord then told him to go to his own people who were rebelling against God and preach to them, declare repentance and judgement, but also give hope.

So the past day or two I have also been praying for a glimpse of His glory...not that I would see what Ezekiel saw, but just to be "wowed" again by God in such a way i would facedown, and be so open to His call and direction on my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home