Thursday, October 20, 2005

Perhaps an attitude shift?

I've been praying about what are the next steps for me. I realized maybe it's just a matter of attitude. Maybe I just need to train myself to think a certain way because attitudes are just patterns of thinking formed through time. So I just want to change my attitude about one main issue in my life. I have problem with being single. Sometimes I don't like it. But God's been teaching me to treasure my singleness, to appreciate it, to take this time to grow and be strong, to grow to be a man of God, to do things I wouldn't be able to do if I was with someone.

So God I can only pray this prayer...

Dear God, I realize that being single is only a season for my life, and when it is the right time, you will bring someone awesome into my life. So in the meantime, grant me grace to appreciate my singleness and to treasure it. To really see it as a gift from You and to take this time to grow to be a man, to learn about different things, to seize opportunities and to make really good friends.

God change the way I think about singleness, and change the way I view my own singleness, and help me to see that there is a purpose in my singleness, and to seize that purpose.

-Amen-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home